Brownie and Fruit Skewers
Total Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Try this new way to serve a delicious brownie and fruit dessert — and with chocolate sauce, too!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Oil, water and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 300g fresh pineapple chunks
- 4 bananas peeled and cut into chunks
- 10 strawberries hulled and halved
- 100g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease and line base and two long sides of 28cm x 18cm rectangular tin with baking parchment. Make, bake and cool brownie mix as directed on box.
- Place tin of brownies in freezer 30 minutes. Remove brownies from tin, and peel away parchment. Cut into 32 squares.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Thread 3 brownie squares, 2 pineapple chunks, 2 banana chunks and 2 strawberry halves alternately on each of 10 long wooden skewers (you will have 2 brownie squares left). Place on baking sheet. Cover and chill in refrigerator whilst making chocolate sauce.
- Place Chocolate Sauce ingredients in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, and heat until chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over skewers to serve.
- If you prepare these skewers in advance, brush banana chunks with lemon juice before threading them on skewers to prevent them from turning brown.
- Use any firm fruit you like; try chunks of peach, apple or mango for a change.