Halloween Witch Cupcakes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
The witches have fallen off their broomsticks! Make and bake these fun cupcakes for a super Halloween treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 230ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- Orange food colouring gel or paste
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 8 crème-filled chocolate sandwich biscuits, crème filling discarded and biscuits roughly crushed
- 300g chocolate flavoured ready to roll icing
- 48 edible white candy sticks
- 9 fizzy strawberry straws
- 24 milk chocolate coated sticks (see tip)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases. Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for cupcakes on the box.
- In a bowl add enough orange food colouring to the vanilla icing to give a bright orange colour. Using a small palette knife, spread the icing on the top of the cupcakes. Pile some of the crushed biscuits to resemble earth in the centre of each cupcake.
- Shape 48 shoes out of some of the chocolate ready to roll icing and press 1 shoe onto the end of each candy stick. Insert 2 candy stick ‘legs’ into each cupcake.
- Shape 24 hats from the rest of the ready to roll icing. Cut 3 strawberry straws in half, then cut each in half lengthways into 4 thin strips to make 24 strips in total and wrap one around each hat. Position the hats on the cupcakes.
- Cut the remaining strawberry straws into 24 x 4 cm long pieces, then cut small slits into each piece without cutting all the way through to create the broom bristles. Push each one onto the end of a chocolate coated stick for broomsticks and place on the cupcakes.
- You can use pretzel sticks instead of chocolate coated sticks for the broomsticks.
- Pop a little sweet under each witches’ hat for a spooky extra surprise!