Halloween Mummy Brownies
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
These fun mummy brownies will be a sweet spooky treat for all the family on Halloween.
All You Need Is ...
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
- 100g Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 32 small edible candy eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box. Pour into the prepared tin, level the top and bake for 20-22 minutes until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie into 16 squares.
- Spoon the icing into a disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe the icing over each brownie in zig-zag lines to resemble bandages. Attach two candy eyeballs to each brownie to finish.
- If you can’t find candy eyeballs use white chocolate drops dotted with black writing icing.
- For colourful bandages beat a little orange or green food colouring paste into the icing before piping.