Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
When these delicious double chocolate Halloween bat cupcakes come flying to the table they will disappear in no time!
All You Need Is ...
For the cupcake
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 230ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
For the decoration
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 24 wafer thin dark chocolate digestive biscuits, cut in half with a serrated knife
- 48 edible candy eyeballs
- 48 red heart-shaped sugar sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the cake mix, oil, water and eggs gently together, then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases. Bake both trays together in the oven for 18-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- Frost the top of each cupcake with the icing, smoothing with a small palette knife. Push 2 biscuit halves into each cupcake to form wings. Gently attach 2 candy eyeballs to each cupcake and 2 heart shaped sprinkles (pointed-side out) to resemble fangs. Serve immediately or keep in a cool place for up to 2 days.
- If you can’t find candy eyeballs then use white chocolate drops pressed into the icing, pointed-side down, and dot with black writing icing.
- Add 75g dark or white chocolate chips to the cake mixture for an even more chocolate-y flavour!