Classic Victoria Sponge Cake
Wonderfully simple yet utterly delicious, this Classic Victoria Sponge cake recipe is perfect for serving with friends as a tasty teatime treat and can be made in less than an hour!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- ½ tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 200 g Strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 22-27 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Ice one cake with the Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing then spread over the strawberry jam. Sandwich together with the other cake and dust with the icing sugar using a sieve.
How to Make This Recipe
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.