Lemon Bars with Cream and Blueberries
Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
Turn these lovely lemon bars into a delicious dessert – simply serve warm topped with cream and fresh blueberries.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Delights Tangy Lemon and Buttery Shortcrust Bar Mix
- Eggs, butter and water called for on bar mix box
- 250ml double cream
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 100g blueberries
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/ gas mark 4. Make and bake the bar mix as directed on box. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Cut the warm lemon bars into 9 squares. Dust with icing sugar. Top each one with a large dollop of whipped cream, then top with blueberries to serve.
- For an adult dessert, serve with a lemon liqueur sauce. Heat 4 tbsp. of each lemon liqueur and caster sugar in a small pan heating gently until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, add 3 strips of shredded pared lemon rind and simmer2-3 minutes until reduced and syrupy. Cool 10 minutes and stir in and additional 1 tbsp. lemon liqueur. Serve sauce drizzled over dessert.
- Try replacing the blueberries with fresh raspberries. Instead of the whipped cream try a dollop of crème fraîche, Greek yogurt or mascarpone cheese.