Lemon Drizzle Cake
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Try this delicious and moist lemon drizzle cake recipe from Betty Crocker™, with tasty lemon icing in the middle and a crunchy lemon drizzle topping.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Zesty Lemon Cake Mix
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
Topping and filling
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 1 small lemon juice
- 0.5 tub Betty Crocker™ Zesty Lemon Icing
- Small and medium mixing bowls
- 1 wooden spoon/ hand-held electric whisk
- 2 x 8” well-greased round cake tins
- Wire rack
- Small palette knife
- Small spoon
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into the two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 22-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cakes in the tins for 5 minutes.
- Mix the granulated sugar and lemon juice in the small bowl. Spoon this mixture all over one of the warm cakes still in the tin. Leave this cake to cool completely in the tin – the topping will go crispy as the cake cools. Turn the second cake out onto the wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Spread the lemon icing over the cake without the lemon drizzle topping. Gently remove the other cake from the tin and place on top of the icing.