Lemon Cupcakes Recipe with Lime and Orange
Total Time: 39 Minutes
The zestiest cupcakes in town, these little marvels will delight your taste-buds. Fresh lemon, lime and orange combine for an irresistible taste sensation!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Zesty Lemon Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 125 ml boiling water
- 23 g lime-flavoured jelly powder
- 23 g orange flavoured jelly powder
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Style Icing
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and lemon, lime and orange peel gently together and then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool on your cooling rack and then poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes using a fork.
- Pour half of the boiling water onto the lime jelly powder in a small bowl and stir until dissolved. Pour the jelly mixture over half of each cupcake. In another small bowl, pour the remaining half of the boiling water onto the orange jelly powder and stir until dissolved. Then pour this over the other half of each cupcake. Refrigerate the cupcakes for 30 minutes.
- Stir your Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Style Icing with the fresh lemon juice.
- Ice your cupcakes with your lemony icing mixture…Fabulously fruity!