Carrot Patch Cake
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
Servings: 6 - 8 Servings
Try this tasty Carrot Patch Cake, perfect for sharing with friends and family this Easter.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 20 chocolate biscuits
- 4 Strawberries
- 100g white chocolate
- Orange oil-based food colouring
- White fondant icing
- Pink fondant icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Heat your oven to 180°C. Grease the bottom of a 20 x 15cm baking dish. In a large bowl, beat 1 pack of Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake mix and bake as directed on the box. Allow to cool.
- Frost the cake with 1 tub of Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing or as needed.
- Crush and crumble approximately 20 chocolate cookies on top or as needed. Melt 100g of white chocolate, add 2 drops of orange oil-based food colouring, and mix well.
- Dip 4 strawberries in the coloured chocolate, allow to cool, then drizzle with the remaining chocolate. Create small holes in the crumbled cookies and place the chocolate covered strawberries in them.
Creating the bunny:
- Shape the white fondant into a 4cm ball.
- Shape a smaller piece of white fondant into a 1cm ball and snip the outside with scissors to create the fur effect.
- For the feet, shape two pieces of white fondant into 1 x 2 cm ovals.
- Add smaller round pieces of pink fondant above the white ovals to create the paw pads.
- Create a 5th hole in the crumbled cookies and place the bunny on the cake.