Total Time: 40 Minutes
These terrifyingly delicious Mummy Truffles will delight Halloween trick or treaters!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil (6tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 230 ml water
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- White chocolate drizzle
- Melted dark chocolate
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Grease the tin or line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 23- 28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
Once cooled crumble it up into a large bowl. Add a large spoonful of Choc Fudge Icing, enough for it to be gooey when you have scrunched it all together.
Roll a piece of the mixture into a ball, slightly smaller than a golf ball size.
- Melt white chocolate until runny and add a small amount of vegetable oil (approx. 1 tsp per 150g). This will keep the chocolate nice and runny.
- Dip a cake pop in the melted chocolate using a fork and then leave it on the side. Repeat until you have done them all, put them in the fridge to harden for 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate again. Take the cake pops out of the fridge and scatter white chocolate strands all over the cake pop, turning as you go to create the cloth that covers the mummy.
- Melt dark chocolate until runny and add a small amount of vegetable oil (approx. 1 tsp per 150g). This will keep the chocolate nice and runny. With this chocolate make two dots on each cake pop to create the mummy eyes. Enjoy!