Easter Bunny Cake
Total Time: 45 Minutes
This cute Easter bunny will be a big hit at any Easter gathering. Lots of fun for the kids to help with too, brought to you by Betty Crocker™.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (4tbsp)
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- Few drops red food colouring
- 2 large white chocolate buttons
- 2 large milk chocolate buttons
- 2 brown chocolate beans
- Liquorice or cola laces for the whiskers and mouth
- Coloured chocolate beans for the bowtie
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180C(160C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4.Grease two 20cm cake tins.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, water and eggs together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Using a small knife, cut out two ear shapes from opposite ends of one cooled cake, this will also leave you with your bowtie shape. Transfer over to a large platter to assemble your bunny cake.
- Spread the buttercream icing all over the bunny and bowtie and then sprinkle over 175g of desiccated coconut to make the bunny’s fur.
- Colour the remaining coconut pink by mixing it with a few drops of the red food colouring.
- Sprinkle The pink coconut inside of the ears and the middle of the bowtie. Use the chocolate buttons and laces to make your bunny’s face and decorate the bowtie with the chocolate beans.
- Now amaze your friends with your wonderful creation!