Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
It looks like the Easter bunny has been busy with these cute chocolate egg-topped brownies!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Vegetable oil, water and egg called for on the brownie mix box
For the decoration
- 150g Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- Green food colouring paste or gel
- 27 mini sugar-coated chocolate eggs
- 27 assorted mini sugar blossoms
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and 2 sides with baking paper.
- Make, bake and cool the brownies as directed on the box using the oil, water and egg.
- Turn the brownie slab out onto a board and cut into 9 equal squares.
- To decorate, put the icing in a medium bowl and use the green food colouring paste or gel to colour the icing green. Spoon the icing into a disposable piping bag fitted with a small multiple hole (grass hair) nozzle (see Tips). Pipe over each brownie to create a grass effect.
- Top each brownie with 3 mini eggs and 3 mini sugar blossoms. Serve immediately and store any leftover brownies in an airtight container in a cool place for 2-3 days.
- If you don’t have a piping nozzle to create the grass effect, then just spread the icing on top of the brownies using the tip of a small palette knife.
- You can make smaller brownies for little appetites. Cut the slab into 16 squares and decorate each with just 1 egg and 2 mini sugar blossoms.