Halloween Mummy Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Wrapped in icing bandages and with spooky staring eyes, these mummy cupcakes are perfect for a scary Halloween party!
All You Need Is ...
For the cupcake
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 180ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
For the decoration
- 500g (about 1¼ tubs) Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Orange, green and purple food colouring pastes or gels
- 48 edible candy eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the cake mix, oil, water and eggs gently together, then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases. Bake both trays together in the oven for 18-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- Reserve 150g of the icing and divide the rest equally between 3 bowls. Use the food colouring pastes or gels to colour each bowl of icing to the desired shade.
- Use each colour of icing to top 8 cupcakes. Spoon the reserved 150g icing into a disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe the icing over each cupcake in zig-zag lines to resemble bandages. Attach 2 candy eyeballs to each cupcake. Serve immediately or keep in a cool place for up to 2 days.
- You can vary the colours of the icing under the bandages or use Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing instead.
- If you don’t have any candy eyeballs, then simply pipe on blobs of the icing and dot with black writing icing.