Chocolate Skeleton Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
These fun skeleton face cupcakes are the perfect Halloween party treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 230ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 2 x 25g tubes black writing icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases. Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for cupcakes on box.
- Using a small palette knife spread the icing on the top of the cupcakes. Use the tube of black writing icing to pipe spooky big eyes, dots for nostrils and a smiling skeleton mouth.
- The cupcakes can be baked and frozen, undecorated, for up to 1 month. Defrost for 2 hours, then decorate just before serving.
- Change the cake mix to red velvet for a different flavour.