Halloween Brownie Bats
Total Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Prepare to go batty for these fudgy Halloween brownie bites.
All You Need Is ...
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
- 20 wafer thin dark chocolate digestive biscuits, cut in half with a serrated knife
- Small tube black writing icing
- 40 small edible candy eyeballs
- 40 red heart-shaped edible sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box. Pour into the prepared tin, level the top and bake for 20-22 minutes until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Stamp out 20 rounds using a 4cm round cookie cutter.
- Push 1 biscuit half into each side of the brownie rounds to form wings. Using the writing icing, attach 2 candy eyeballs to each brownie. Press 2 heart shaped sprinkles into each brownie (pointed-side out) to resemble fangs.
- Chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies (with the crème filling removed) can be used in place of the wafer thin chocolate digestives.
- If you can't find the heart shaped sprinkles, try using red writing icing for the fangs.