Christmas Gift Brownie Squares
Total Time: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Give the gift of brownies this Christmas. A delicious mix of Velvety Vanilla Icing and Betty Crocker™’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix creates these scrumptious Christmas brownies. Try this tasty brownie squares recipe this Christmas.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Green gel food colour
- Mixed green, white and red 100’s and 1000’s
- Red writing icing tube
- 75 Red sugar-coated chocolates
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4. Line the bottom and sides of an 11x7-inch rectangular tin with foil and well-grease. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on the box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to a cooling rack to allow to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in baking tin for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the tin using the foil to lift and peel away. Using a sharp knife, cut the brownies into 5 rows by 3 rows, making 15 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- Spoon icing into medium bowl. Stir food colour into bowl to desired shade of green.
- Ice the top of the brownies with green icing and sprinkle with 100's and 1000's. Pipe 2 lines using the red writing icing tube across top to intersect in middle. Place 5 sugar-coated chocolates in the centre tipped on sides in a circle for a bow.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- To easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit!
- To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.