Santa Hat Cupcakes
These fun festive cupcakes are a great treat at Christmas. Through the magic of baking, you can recreate Santa’s Hat with declious strawberries and a delightful mixture of Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing and our Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix. Watch the video below and follow our recipe to bake your own Santa’s Hat Cupcakes this Christmas.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 24 large strawberries, hulled
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Place 24 muffin or cupcake paper cases into 2 x 12-hole muffin trays.
- Make up the cake mix as directed on the box using the oil, water and eggs. Divide equally between the paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- Spread the vanilla icing over the cupcakes (reserving 1 tablespoon of the icing). To serve, top each with 1 upside-down strawberry and place an additional dot of the reserved icing onto the end of each strawberry for the hat bobble.
- If you can only find small strawberries, pour the cake mixture into fairy cake sized paper cases, rather than muffin/cupcake cases. You will have more to eat too!
- Make them more chocolatey by using Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing instead of vanilla.
Santa Hat Cupcakes Recipe
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.