Polar Bear Brownie Squares
Our Polar Bear Brownies will delight and entertain your guests this Christmas. Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix and lucious Velvety Vanilla Icing create the Christmas sparkle in this adorable brownie squares recipe. Kids will love to decorate these unbearably cute brownies!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 15 Brown sugar-coated chocolates regular size
- 30 Brown sugar-coated chocolates mini size
- 30 white chocolate drops
- Black writing icing tube
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4. Line the bottom and sides of a 11x7-inch rectangular tin with foil and well-grease. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the tin using foil to lift and peel away. Use sharp knife to cut brownies into 5 rows by 3 rows, making 15 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- Ice the top of brownies thickly with vanilla icing. Using a fork, pull the icing through to the outside of brownie to create “fur”. Dollop a small mound of vanilla icing in centre of brownies, place 1 brown sugar-coated chocolate on top for nose, 2 mini brown chocolates for eyes, and 2 white chocolate drops for ears. Pipe a mouth using black writing icing tube.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- To easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit!
- To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife. Betty Recommends