Spooky Ghost Cupcakes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Give trick or treaters a ghoulish surprise with these fun-to-make ghost cupcakes!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing
- Red or orange sugar sprinkles and chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 1 x 25g tube black writing icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases. Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for cupcakes on the box.
- Using a small palette knife spread the chocolate icing on the top of the cupcakes. Scatter some red or orange and chocolate sprinkles over the top of each cupcake.
- Spoon the vanilla icing into a large disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe 2 blobs of icing with peaks on top of each cupcake for ghosts. Use the black writing icing to pipe on eyes and mouths.
- Colour the vanilla icing with orange or green food colouring gel to create neon ghosts!
- To get the piped ‘ghosts’ to peak, quickly lift the piping bag away at a slight angle after piping each blob.