Halloween Cat Cake
Try this delicious Betty Crocker™ Halloween recipe for a haunting cat cake, complete with chocolate icing and black whiskers.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1.5 tubs Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 2 large yellow sweets
- Black shoestring liquorice
- 1 large chocolate button
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160˚ for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in the centre of the oven for 23-28 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
Cut the top off one of your cake halves to level it slightly and then place cut side down. Using the template (below) cut your cake and arrange on your serving tray.
- Fix the shapes together using a small amount of icing then spread a thin layer of icing over the entire cake and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will help seal in the crumbs for perfectly smooth icing. Then ice the cake again for a perfect crumb-free finish.
- Add the yellow sweets for eyes, chocolate button for the nose and shoestring liquorice for whiskers, lines on eyes and front paws.