Halloween Witch Brownies
Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
Witch brownies are a fun and easy Halloween treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
- 2 tubes ready-to-pipe black icing
- 2 tubes ready-to-pipe green icing
- 4-6 black liquorice twists, each cut into 5cm lengths
- 24 small edible candy eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box. Pour into the prepared tin, level the top and bake for 20-22 minutes until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie in half, then cut each half into 6 triangles each with a 6cm wide base (see template below).
- Warm each tube of icing in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until the icing is just warmed and flows freely when the tube is squeezed. Pipe the black icing in a zig-zag line from the point of 1 brownie triangle to two-thirds of the way down to resemble the black hat. Pipe the green icing over the rest of the brownie to resemble the face.
- Place a cut piece of liquorice between the black and green icing for the hat brim. Place 2 eyeballs on the green icing. Repeat to make 12 witch brownies in total. Leave in a cool place for 30 minutes to allow the icing to set.
- Need help? Download the template.
- If tubes of ready-to-pipe icing are unavailable, roll out green and black ready-to-roll icing and cut shapes to fit on the brownies. Attach with some Betty Crocker™ chocolate icing. Save the left over end pieces of brownie for snacking or for crumbling over ice cream.