Chocolate Cake-Mix Cookies
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 25 cookies
These easy cookies are perfect for an afternoon tea treat!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 60g granulated sugar
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper. Place the cake mix in a large bowl with the oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Beat with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until solid enough to shape the dough. Shape the mixture into 25 walnut-sized balls (roughly 25g each), then roll in the granulated sugar. Place onto the lined baking sheets, making sure there is room in between each ball for them to expand when baked.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until set. Cool for 1 minute, then remove from the baking sheets and leave to cool completely on wire racks. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- To make chocolate chip cookies, stir 100g dark chocolate chips into the dough before chilling.
- Drizzle with Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing instead of the icing sugar for an even more indulgent biscuit.