Betty Crocker Flower Cupcakes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Celebrate the joys of Spring with these gorgeous zesty cupcakes, topped with a pretty fresh flower of your choice.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 60 ml vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 175 g white chocolate chips
- 340 g butter, softened
- 225 g icing sugar
- Fresh edible Spring flowers such as pansies, daisies, primroses and violets.
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil, eggs, lemon peel and lemon juice gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 16 minutes or until a rounded knife, inserted fully into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwaveable bowl for one minute at a high temperature in your microwave until softened and then stir until smooth. In your mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar (by hand or electric mixer) for one minute. Gradually add the melted chocolate chips to this mixture and then beat for another two minutes until the icing is smooth and spreadable.
- Spread on top of your cooled cupcakes using a rounded knife and add your freshly picked flowers…Gorgeous!