Halloween Pumpkin Brownies
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
These pumpkin face brownies are super scary sweet treats for the Halloween trick or treaters!
All You Need Is ...
For the cupcake
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
For the decoration
- 200g Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Orange food colouring paste or gel
- 1 small tube black writing icing
- 1 small tube green writing icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and 2 sides with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the brownie mix, oil, water and egg together until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin; about 30 minutes
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie into 16 squares.
- Place the icing in a small bowl and use the orange food colouring paste or gel to colour the icing bright orange.
- Spread equal amounts of icing onto each brownie, using the tip of a small palette knife to swirl the icing into a pumpkin shape.
- Pipe a Halloween pumpkin mouth, nose and eyes on each brownie with some of the black writing icing. Use the green writing icing to pipe a green stalk on each brownie. Serve immediately or keep in a cool place for up to 2-3 days.
- You may need to use quite a lot of food colouring paste or gel to get a really vibrant colour to the icing. Add a little at a time and beat well before adding more.
- To make round pumpkin faces use a 4-5cm round cookie cutter to stamp 16 brownies out of the slab of brownie. Any leftover bits are a treat for nibbling when finishing the decorations!