Halloween Owl Brownies
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Friends and family will have a hoot over these owl-themed Halloween brownies
All You Need Is ...
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
- 100g Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing
- 32 large white chocolate buttons
- 32 dark chocolate drops
- 16 mini orange jelly beans
- 8 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, cut into quarters
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box. Pour into the prepared tin, level the top and bake for 20-22 minutes until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie into 16 squares. Spread the chocolate icing roughly over the top of each brownie with the tip of a small palette knife.
- Place 2 white chocolate buttons on each brownie, then attach 2 dark chocolate drops to the buttons with a tiny dot of any remaining chocolate icing for eyes. Attach 1 mini jelly bean to each brownie to resemble beaks, then place 2 peanut butter cup quarters, cut-side down, at the top of each brownie for eyebrows.
- Instead of jelly beans you could use red or orange candy coated chocolates.
- Try sprinkling chocolate 100s and 1000s on the bottom half of each brownie for owl feathers.