Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1H 15 MinTotal Time
Nothing beats a rich, indulgent but light chocolate fudge cake topped with real chocolate curls, the perfect addition to any celebration. Easy to make and delicious!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 1 ½ tubs Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 100 g white chocolate bar
- 100 g dark chocolate bar
Topping and filling
Method Watch Video
- Preheatyour oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mixthe eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pourthe cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 22-27 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Iceone cake with ½ of the Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing then sandwich together with the other cake. Using the remaining icing, cover the tops and sides in an even layer. Press the palette knife against the sides keeping an even pressure all the time turning the cake, this will give you smooth even sides.
with chocolate curls. Turn the chocolate over so the flat side is facing upwards. Using the peeler press down hard onto the chocolate and pull towards you, keeping an even pressure on the peeler. The chocolate should begin to curl and you will be able to see it roll up. Any off cuts can be used in the under layer, with the best curls on top…gorgeous!
If the chocolate gets too hot and begins to melt you can place into the fridge for 5-10 minutes. The same with the curls - they are best kept in the fridge until you decorate the cake.