Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
With our Betty Crocker™ Gluten-Free recipes you don’t have to refrain from delicious cakes! So try our Gluten-Free Red Velvet cake today!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 225 g buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free liquid red food colouring
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs
Icing and Decoration
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, for dusting
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with butter or oil and baking paper.
- Beat the cake mix, in a large bowl, together with the buttermilk, food colouring, bicarb of soda, butter and eggs with an electric whisk or mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove and cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Cover the top and sides of a cake with the cream cheese icing and dust with the cocoa powder. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.