Salted Caramel Coffee Cake
- 2H 0 MinTotal Time
Coffee and salted caramel pair deliciously in this easy-to-make cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Classic Coffee Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1.5 tubs Betty Crocker™ Classic Coffee Icing
- 60 ml salted caramel topping
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 100 ml salted caramel sauce
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon/ Hand held electric whisk
- 2 x 8” well-greased cake tins
- Wire rack
- Small palette knife
- Preheatthe oven to 180˚C (160˚C for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas Mark 4.
- Mixthe eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pourthe cake mixture evenly into the two greased cake tins.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 22-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cakes in the tins for 10 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Stirthe icing with the salted caramel sauce and spread a quarter of mix over one of the cake.
- Placethe remaining cake on top and cover the top and sides with the remaining icing mix. Using a palette knife, add texture to the cake by using tip of knife to run grooves around side of cake.
- Drizzlethe remaining salted caramel sauce over the top over the cake allowing some to drip down the sides of the cake. Sprinkle with some walnuts and serve.Cover and refrigerate the cake for best results.