Chocolate Birthday Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 6 Minutes
Try this fabulous Chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe from Betty Crocker™, with Chocolate Fudge Icing and chocolate curls to decorate.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil (6tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 230 ml water
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- Chocolate curls or a milk and white chocolate bar
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Grease the tins or line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake cake mix gently together, and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 23- 28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin then cool on a cooling rack.
- Spread the chocolate fudge icing across the bottom cake and then top with the other half.
- Ice a thin even layer of icing over the top and sides of the cake and put in the fridge for 30minutes to form the bases of a crumb coat for extra smooth icing.Remove from the fridge and ice another layer of icing over the top and sides of the cake to create the perfect smooth icing finish.
- Grate milk and white chocolate and mix together and then attach to the sides of the cake.
- Decorate by adding the star piping tip into the cut end of the piping bag, sit in a glass for stability and fill with Chocolate Fudge Icing. Pipe stars around the top edge of the cake. Then add some ready-made chocolate decorations and candles for the perfect finishing touch to your celebration cake.