Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Almost too-cute-to-be-true – these charming vanilla bean cupcakes are not only tremendously tasty and perfect for a cheeky treat.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 125 ml apple sauce
- 250 ml water
- 15 ml vegetable oil (1 tbsp)
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 225 g low fat whipped cream
- 375 g icing sugar
- 200 g fresh blueberries
- 24 fresh mint leaves
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, apple sauce, water and oil gently together and then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until well blended. Add half of the vanilla seeds to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 17-19 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted fully into the centre of one of the cupcakes comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Mix the whipped cream, icing sugar and remaining half of the vanilla bean seeds. Spoon over the top of each cupcake and garnish each one with some blueberries and a mint leaf…Just perfect!