Chocolate Caterpillar Cake
This chocolate caterpillar cake recipe is perfect for any birthday celebration, with delicious Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing and sprinkles to decorate.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 40 ml vegetable oil (2 tablespoon)
- 75 ml water (5 tablespoon)
- 1 medium free range egg
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- Chocolate matchsticks
- chocolate chips
- Coloured ready to roll icing
- Flowers (optional)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Grease the tin.
- Mix the egg, oil, water and brownie mix together until well blended (mixture may be lumpy).
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lightly-greased rectangular tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20- 25 minutes or until a rounded knife, inserted 5cm (2”) from the edge of the tin comes out almost clean. After just a couple of minutes, cut circles from the brownie using the top of a glass. Lift the circles out before they stick to the baking tray!
- Spread a thin, even layer of icing over the top of one cake and gently press the other cake on top. Cut off a section from each side and a point at the bottom of the cake.
- Decorate the caterpillar’s back with colourful sprinkles.
- Roll out the orange sugar ready to roll icing to a 4cm width and cut out the face with a glass.
- Roll out the white icing a 2cm width, the pink icing to 1cm width and the black icing to 5mm width. Add the 2 balls of white icing to the face and attach the 2 black circles to create the eyes. Then add the pink circle to create the nose. Glue together with some water. Then use a knife to create a smiley mouth. Add the face onto the end of the caterpillar.
- Attach The 2 chocolate matchsticks for antennae. Then add chocolate chips for caterpillar feet!
- You can place the caterpillar onto a cake board (which can be decorated using ready to roll icing) and add some flowers for a perfect finishing touch to your birthday cake!
How to Make This Recipe
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.