Strawberry & Cream Cake
Total Time: 2 Hours 05 Minutes
Sumptuous sponge, with creamy icing and topped with fresh strawberries, this summery cake is sure to get you in the Wimbledon spirit!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Icing
- 175 g white chocolate chips
- 500 g fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, water and eggs gently together and then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate chips uncovered in your microwaveable bowl in the microwave on a high heat for 45 seconds. Stir and continue to heat for further bursts of 15 seconds until the mixture is smooth. Cool for 5 minutes and then stir in Betty’s Vanilla Icing.
- Spread half of the filling into the middle of your cake and cover with half of the strawberries, then use the rest to ice the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining strawberries…Simply divine!
How to Make This Recipe
This video feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.