Moist Caramel Carrot Cake
Extra rich and sweet, this tender carrot cake is topped with creamy icing and then drizzled with caramel topping – totally tempting!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Carrot Cake Mix
- 200 ml water
- 115 g butter (melted)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 300 g caramel topping
- Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, butter and eggs gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your greased cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for around 31-36 minutes or until a rounded knife, inserted fully into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Create small holes in the top of your cake by sticking the handle of a clean wooden spoon half way through the cake at 2.5cm intervals. Pour half of your caramel topping evenly over the top of the cake and leave it for 15 minutes to absorb fully.