Total Time: 50 Minutes
This summery Strawberry cake recipe is delightfully fruity and refreshingly light!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™'s Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Icing
- a few drops of Strawberry food flavouring
- 15 strawberries
- Grated white chocolate
- fresh mint leaves
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Classic Vanilla Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 22-27 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the vanilla icing with a few drops of strawberry food flavouring. Then spread onto half of the cake and place ten halved fresh strawberries on top of the icing around the cake. Then sandwich together with the other half of the cake and ice the top of the cake with some more icing.
- Decorate with five sliced strawberries, grated white chocolate and fresh mint leaves. Heaven!