Carrot Cake with Pineapple
This ultimate carrot cake is bejewelled with sweet crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, coconut and raisins – creating a gem of a cake.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Carrot Cake Mix
- 125 ml water
- 50 ml vegetable oil (3½ tbsp)
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 1 can (225g) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 150 g chopped nuts
- 75 g shredded coconut
- 150 g raisins
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and pineapple (with juice) gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes. Then stir in the nuts, coconut and raisins.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for around 40-45 minutes or until a rounded knife, inserted fully into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Sandwich your cakes together and cover with lashings of Betty’s Cream Cheese Icing...Fabulous!