These gorgeous hedgehog cupcakes are bound to be a hit at parties!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 230 ml water
- 120 ml vegetable oil (6 tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Buttercream Style Icing
- 6 Rippled Chocolate Bar
- 25 g chocolate chips
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4.
- Put your Rippled Chocolate Bars into the freezer. Then line your cupcake tins with your cases.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your cupcake cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 16 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean, then cool on a cooling rack.
- Spread each cupcake with a generous amount of icing. Use the chocolate chips to make two little eyes and a nose.
- Cut each rippled chocolate bar into 4 and bang gently with a rolling pin to break the chocolate into shards.
- Start sticking the shards into your icing to create a cute hedgehog shape. Simply Gorgeous!