S’mores Salted Caramel Shortbread Cups
Total Time: 1 Hour
With a crisp Betty Crocker™ Salted Caramel Shortbread base filled with chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows, these bite-sized s’mores cup are just the ticket for an after school sweet treat!
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Salted Caramel Shortbread Mix
- 120 g butter, softened
- 35 g milk chocolate chunks
- 35 g pink and white mini marshmallows
- 30 g Betty Crocker™ Luxurious Salted Caramel Flavour Icing
- 30 g Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease 16 holes of a 24-hole mini muffin tray.
- Make up the shortbread mix as directed on the box with the butter. Divide and roll the mixture between the palms of your hands into 16 even-sized balls. Gently press each ball into a muffin hole, using your fingertips to push the mixture up the sides of each hole.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and divide the chocolate chunks and marshmallows between the cups. Return to the oven and bake for a further 4-6 minutes until the marshmallows are light golden. Cool in the tray for 10-15 minutes then carefully ease the cups out of the holes and transfer to a wire rack.
- Place both the icings in separate microwave-proof bowls. Heat one bowl at a time on Medium setting for 10-15 seconds until the icing is runny. Use a teaspoon to drizzle the warm icings over the cups. Serve warm or leave in a cool place until the icing has set and serve cold.
- This is an easy recipe that children can help to make. They can mix the shortbread, shape and roll the dough and use their (clean) fingers to line the muffin holes! Once the cups have been transferred to the wire rack give them free reign to drizzle over the warm icings.
- The s’mores cups will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating.