Salted Caramel-Style Millionaire’s Bars
Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings: 16 bars
A twist on a classic bake, these rich and decadent bakes will be snapped up in a second.
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Butter and egg called for on the cookie mix box
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Luxurious Salted Caramel Flavour Icing
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 40 g roasted chopped hazelnuts
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 5. Grease a 23cm square cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper. Make up the cookie mix as directed on the box, using the butter and egg.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the base of the tin and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until turning golden. Remove and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread the icing evenly over the cookie base and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth, then cool for 5-10 minutes. Melt the white chocolate in another heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth, then cool for 5-10 minutes. Spread the melted dark chocolate evenly over the top of the icing. Drizzle the white chocolate on top, creating patterns and swirls with the end of a cocktail stick, dragging it through the dark chocolate underneath. Scatter over the hazelnuts and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from the cake tin and cut into 16 squares to serve.
- Decorate with dried fruit instead of nuts. Raisins, apricots and cranberries are all good choices.
- To make cutting the bars easier, warm the knife blade before slicing.