No-Cook Salted Caramel & Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
An any-time-of-day biscuit bar that will satisfy all those sweet or chocolate cravings.
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 150g peanut butter (or almond or cashew nut butter)
- 200g Medjool dates, stones removed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Luxurious Salted Caramel Flavour Icing
- 75g rice pops cereal
- 400g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Betty's Easy Steps
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper. Put the peanut butter, dates and vanilla extract into a food processor and pulse until combined and starting to stick together. Spoon into the cake tin and press down firmly and evenly.
- Spoon the icing into a microwave-proof bowl and heat for 20 seconds on high (in 900W oven), until slightly looser in consistency. Stir in the rice pops, then spoon on top of the base in an even layer. Put the cake tin in the freezer for 1½ hours, then remove the set mixture from the tin and cut into 16 squares.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth, then cool for 5-10 minutes. Spoon the melted chocolate over the squares (see Tip) and leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To coat the bars in the chocolate, place on a wire rack set over a tray. Spoon the chocolate over the top of the bars and spread over the sides with a small palette knife.
- Decorate with melted white chocolate for a more striking effect.