Mint and Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bars
Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Chocolate and mint, gooey brownie and crunchy topping, this bar has it all!
All You Need Is ...
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
- 8 round mint crème filled chocolate sandwich biscuits, roughly chopped, to decorate
For the icing
- 150g Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 50g marshmallow crème
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mint green food colouring paste or gel
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the vegetable oil, brownie mix, water and egg together in a bowl until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a round bladed knife inserted into the centre comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and leave the brownie to cool completely in the tin; about 1 hour.
- To make the icing, stir together the vanilla icing, marshmallow crème and peppermint extract in a medium bowl. Add a little green food colouring paste or gel and mix well. Add in more food colouring if the mixture is not green enough.
- Use the baking paper to lift the brownie square from the tin. Swirl the green icing over the top of the brownie square using a small palette knife.
- To decorate, sprinkle with the chopped biscuits and press in slightly. Cut into 18 bars to serve. Store any leftover bars in an airtight container in a cool place for 2-3 days.
- Instead of using chocolate mint biscuits, top with chopped chocolate mints.
- Swap the Velvety Vanilla Icing for Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing if you want even more chocolate in your bar, just leave out the green food colouring.