Moist Triple Layer Chocolate Cake
Total Time: 28 Minutes
All You Need Is ...
- 1 ½ packs Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 180 ml vegetable oil
- 5 free range eggs
- 345 ml water
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 400 ml double cream
- 50 g plain chocolate
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Grease the 3 x 8 ”tins or line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake mix gently together, and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into three greased cake 3 x 8” tins.
- Bake the 3 sponges in the centre of the oven for 23- 28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the 3 x 8” tin then cool on a cooling rack.
- Whisk 400ml of double cream either with a hand whisk or electric whisk until stiff. Then add 1 tub of Chocolate Fudge Icing to the cream and combine thoroughly.
- Spread the icing in the middle two layers of the cake.
- Add 2tsp of warm water to 1 tub of Chocolate Fudge Icing to lightly soften it.
- Ice the top layer of the cake and quickly pat up and down with a palette knife to create texture. Spread the rest of the icing over the sides of the cake so it is fully covered.
- Grate the plain chocolate and sprinkle on top of the cake for the perfect finish!
- Garnish with some beautiful flowers on top for the perfect finish to your chocolate heaven!
How to Make This Recipe
This video feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.