Simple Chocolate Brownie Sponge Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Discover our Betty Crocker™ chocolate brownie sponge cake. Chocolate brownie layer on bottom with vanilla sponge cake layer on top, topped with chocolate fudge icing & sprinkles.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 medium free range egg
- 75 ml water
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing
- Selection of sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Mix the egg, water, oil and brownie mix together until well blended (mixture may be lumpy).
- Divide the mixture (about 300g) evenly between the greased and lined loaf tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the cake mixture evenly between the 2 loaf tins, gently spooning the mixture on top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for a further 30-35 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Bake Once the cake is cool, spoon over the icing then decorate with your sprinkles. Slice to serve.