Red Velvet Chocolate Cake
It’s time to roll out the red velvet for this show-stopping chocolate cake, topped with mouthwatering cream cheese icing – a perfect combination!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 3 medium free range eggs
Topping and Filling
- 260 g white chocolate chips
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Style Icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted fully into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Trim off the rounded top of one layer with a sharp knife. Slice each of the two cake layers in half to create four layers.
- Melt the chocolate chips in your microwaveable bowl, for 4-5 minutes at a medium temperature in your microwave, stirring half-way through. Stir until smooth and cool for five minutes. Then stir in the icing.
- Ice the first layer and place then next on top. Repeat with all four layers and then place the layer with the rounded top on last and cover with the remaining frosting…Show stopping!