Mango and Coconut Layer Cake
Total Time: 40 Minutes
This wonderful flavour combination is stunning – fresh, fruity and utterly delicious!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 175 g desiccated coconut
Topping & Filling
- 2x 425g tins of mangoes, juice reserved
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in 75g of the desiccated coconut.
- Pour the cake mixture into the 3 cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Blend the mango into a food processor until they form a pulp adding 2 tablespoons of the reserved juice. This mixture will resemble a thick compote.
- Spread two of the sponges with a third of the tub of icing and spread half of the mango mixture onto each sponge. Sandwich the three sponges together. Use the remaining icing cover the top and sides of the cake and sprinkle the remaining desiccated coconut on top of and around the cake until it is completely covered.