Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
These freaky Monster brownies are fun to make and eat at Halloween!
All You Need Is ...
For the brownie
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 75ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
For the decoration
- 1 tub Vanilla Buttercream style icing
- Green coloring
- Purple coloring
- Pink coloring
- Orange coloring
- Melted White chocolate
- Melted dark chocolate
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and 2 sides with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the brownie mix, oil, water and egg together until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin and bake for 20-22 minutes until a round bladed knife inserted into the brownie comes out almost clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin; about 30 minutes.
- Lift the brownie from the tin using the baking paper. Cut the brownie into 12 rectangles.
- Place the icing in a medium bowl and use the food colouring paste or gel to colour the icing in bright colours. Spread the icing over each brownie.
- Place 2 candy eyes on each iced brownie to create the monster eyes. Use the black writing icing to dot on the pupils of the eyes. Serve immediately or keep in a cool place for up to 2-3 days.