Total Time: 50 Minutes
These Lamingtons are wonderfully light, fluffy and perfectly delicious. They’re fabulous for party nibbles too!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 450 g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 120 ml milk
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- 300 g desiccated coconut
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your greased rectangular tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted fully in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Once cooled carefully turn the cake onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the icing sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Meanwhile in a saucepan, heat the milk and butter until the butter has melted. Add the milk and butter mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well to create a smooth icing.
- Slice the sponge into 24 pieces. Meanwhile put the desiccated coconut into a shallow dish and using using a fork dip each square onto the chocolate icing, then quickly roll in the desiccated coconut.
- Place each Lamington on the wire rack to dry and sprinkle with any coconut that has fallen under the rack. Simply delicious!