Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Children will love decorating these grinning pumpkin cupcakes for Halloween!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 230ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- Orange food colouring gel or paste
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 2 x 25g tubes black writing icing
- 1 x 25g tube green writing icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cupcake cases. Make, bake and cool the cake mix as directed for cupcakes on the box.
- In a bowl add enough orange food colouring to the vanilla icing to give a bright orange colour. Using a small palette knife, spread the icing on the top of the cupcakes.
- Pipe a Halloween pumpkin mouth, nose and eyes on each cupcake with the tubes of black writing icing. Use the green writing icing to pipe a green stalk on each cupcake.
- Add the orange food colouring gradually and beat well to ensure a bright and even colour.
- Use the tip of the palette knife to mark lines of orange icing on the cupcakes to resemble the ridges on a pumpkin.