Chocolate Hazelnut & Pear Galette
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
A quick and simple 6 ingredient baked chocolate and hazelnut tart!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g Betty Crocker™ Fudgy Chocolate & Hazelnut Flavour Icing
- 75g roasted chopped hazelnuts, ground
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, halved, cored and sliced (leaving the top intact so the halves stay together)
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- Häagen-Dazs™ Vanilla Ice Cream, to serve (optional)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6. Line the base and side of an 18cm round shallow cake tin with baking paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut out a circle 23cm in diameter. Discard any leftover pastry. Line the cake tin with the pastry and brush the inside with a little of the beaten egg. Reserve 1 teaspoon of the egg and mix the remaining egg with the icing and the ground hazelnuts in a bowl. Spoon the mixture onto the pastry and top with the pear halves, fanning the slices slightly. Fold in the pastry edges, enclosing the pears and icing by about 1-2cm.
- Brush the outside edges of the pastry with the remaining egg, sprinkle the pears with ½ teaspoon of icing sugar and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven, rest for 15 minutes, then dust with the remaining icing sugar and slice to serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream, if you like.
- For an even more chocolatey hit, add some extra chocolate drops on top of the pears before baking and serve with grated chocolate over the top.
- Serve with crème fraîche instead of ice cream.