Gluten-Free Toffee Nut Brownies
Total Time: 2 Hours
This decadent brownie, nut and caramel bar will be a hit with any crowd – or naughtily just keep to yourself!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 2 medium medium eggs
- 60 g butter, melted and cooled
- 200 g gluten-free toffees, unwrapped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 200 g dark or milk chocolate chips
- 125 g pecans, coarsely chopped
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease the bottom of a 20cm square tin with butter or oil.
- Stir the brownie mix together with the eggs and butter, in a large bowl, until combined. Spoon two-thirds of the mixture into the tin and spread evenly over the base. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium microwavable bowl, microwave the toffees and cream uncovered on High for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Drizzle the toffee sauce evenly over the partially baked brownie. Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips and half the pecans. Add the remaining brownie mixture onto the top by dropping small spoonfuls onto the toffee layer. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes longer or until the top of the brownie looks set. Remove and cool on a cooling rack, completely, before cutting. Cut into squares, 4 rows by 4 rows.
- You may need to chill the brownie in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting if the chocolate is still a bit sticky.Why not mix up the chocolate and use white chocolate chips instead! Or use a different nut – macadamias or peanuts would work equally well.