Gluten-Free Chocolate & Raspberry Layer Cake
Total Time: 2 Hours 50 Minutes
Try our fruity chocolate gluten-free showstopper – the Betty Crocker™ Gluten-Free Chocolate and Raspberry Layer cake!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 250 ml water
- 4 medium free range eggs
Topping and Filling
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free Chocolate Icing
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- 200 g fresh blueberries
- 100 g dark chocolate bar
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line 3 x 20cm round cake tins with baking paper.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, water and eggs and cake mix in a large bowl. Whisk by hand or electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly between the 3 cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 14 to 16 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave in the cake tins for 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and place on a cooling rack. Peel off the baking paper. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Fit piping bag with nozzle; fill with icing. Place first cake layer onto a serving plate. Starting on the outside edge of cake layer, pipe one-third of the icing into mounds to cover top surface of cake. Press alternately a raspberry or a blueberry in between each join. Top with the second cake layer and repeat piping and placing of fruit. Place the final cake layer on top. Press remaining icing on top of cake layer and swirl decoratively. Mound remaining berries in center of cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Hold the chocolate bar (must be room temperature) and carefully draw a vegetable peeler across the side bar to create small chocolate curls. Sprinkle over top of cake and fruit.
How to Make This Recipe
This video feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.